- Media category
- Materials used
- charcoal, pencil, white chalk on white laid paper on card
- 49.8 x 65.7 cm sheet; 104.4 x 79.0 x 4.5 cm frame
- Signature & date
Not signed. Not dated.
- Gift of the Rudy Komon Memorial Fund 1985
- Not on display
- Accession number
- © Wendy Whiteley
- Artist information
Works in the collection
Shown in 8 exhibitions
Brett Whiteley - Aspects & Insights (1996-1997):
- Gold Coast City Art Gallery, Surfers Paradise 07 Jul 1996–13 Aug 1996
- Perc Tucker Regional Gallery, Townsville 23 Aug 1996–29 Sep 1996
- Cairns Art Gallery, Cairns 05 Oct 1996–10 Nov 1996
- The Brett Whiteley Studio, Surry Hills 23 Nov 1996–19 Jan 1997
- Orange Regional Gallery, Orange 31 Jan 1997–16 Mar 1997
Genesis of a Painter: The early abstractions of Brett Whiteley (1998-1999), Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, 29 Aug 1998–31 Jan 1999
Australian icons: twenty artists from the collection, Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, 04 Aug 2000–03 Dec 2000
Iconic Whiteley (2009-2010), The Brett Whiteley Studio, Surry Hills, 12 Sep 2009–22 Aug 2010
Brett Whiteley - Connections (2010-2011), TarraWarra Museum of Art, Healesville, 06 Nov 2010–19 Mar 2011
The London years 1960-67 (2012), The Brett Whiteley Studio, Surry Hills, 14 Jul 2012–13 Feb 2013
Pathways to figuration, The Brett Whiteley Studio, Surry Hills, 31 Mar 2018–07 Oct 2018
Brett Whiteley: drawing is everything, Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, 15 Dec 2018–31 Mar 2019
Referenced in 6 publications
Barry Pearce, Australian art: in the Art Gallery of New South Wales, 'Landscape and gesture', pg. 239-240, Sydney, 2000, 256 (colour illus.), 302.
Barry Pearce, Genesis of a Painter: The early abstractions of Brett Whiteley, 'Genesis of a painter: The early abstractions of Brett Whiteley', pg. 2-3, Sydney, 1998, 2 (colour illus.), 4. cat.no. 32
Robert Raymond, 52 views of Rudy Komon, Sydney, 1999, 164.
Jane Scott, Barry Pearce and Wendy Whiteley, Brett Whiteley: Connections, 'Brett Whiteley: Connections', Healesville, 2010.
Kathie Sutherland, Brett Whiteley: A sensual lilne 1957-67, Victoria, 2010, 254. cat.no. H5
Editor Unknown (Editor), Brett Whiteley - Aspects & Insights, Sydney, 1996.
Other works by Brett Whiteley
See more works