- Media category
- Materials used
- oil on hardboard
- 61.0 x 87.3 cm board; 66.4 x 92.5 x 3.2 cm frame
- Signature & date
Signed and dated l.l. corner, black oil "GRACE CROWLEY -/53".
- Bequest of the artist 1980
- Not on display
- Accession number
- © Reproduced with permission of Grace Crowley Estate
- Artist information
Works in the collection
Shown in 7 exhibitions
Contemporary Australian Painting - Pacific Loan Exhibition (1956), Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, 13 Nov 1956–02 Dec 1956
Project 4 - Grace Crowley (1975), Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, 10 May 1975–08 Jun 1975
Review: works by women from the permanent collection of the Art Gallery of New South Wales, Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, 08 Mar 1995–04 Jun 1995
Spirit and place: art in Australia 1861-1996, Museum of Contemporary Art, Australia, 21 Nov 1996–31 Mar 1997
Parallel Visions: Twenty-two artists from the Australian collection, Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, 22 Feb 2002–May 2003
Grace Crowley: being modern:
- National Gallery of Australia, Canberra 23 Dec 2006–06 May 2007
- Art Gallery of South Australia, Adelaide 27 Jul 2007–28 Oct 2007
- Hawkesbury Regional Gallery, Windsor 21 Dec 2007–17 Feb 2008
- Mornington Peninsula Regional Gallery, Mornington 19 Mar 2008–18 May 2008
- Art Gallery of Western Australia, Perth 14 Jun 2008–21 Sep 2008
- Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery, Hobart 02 Oct 2008–23 Nov 2008
Know My Name: Australian women artists, National Gallery of Australia, Canberra, 14 Sep 2020–04 Aug 2021
Referenced in 6 publications
Jill Skyes, Look, 'Grace Crowley: a relationship hidden in the archives', pg. 26-27, Sydney, Sep 2010, 26, 27. General reference, article relates to Dianne Ottley's 'Grace Crowley's Contribution to Australian Modernism and Geometric Abstraction'.
Jane Somerville, Look, 'Setting the record straight', pg. 15-17, Sydney, Mar 2007, 17 (colour illus.).
Elena Taylor, Grace Crowley: being modern, Canberra, 2006, 4 (colour illus.), 43, 62.
Daniel Thomas AM (Curator), Project 4: Grace Crowley, Sydney, 1975. cat.no. 35
Natalie Wilson, Parallel visions: works from the Australian collection, 'Grace Crowley / Ralph Balson / Frank Hinder / Margel Hinder', pg. 88-103, Sydney, 2002, 2 (colour illus., detail), 90, 91 (colour illus.), 142, 147.
Grace Crowley's contribution to Australian modernism and geometric abstraction, 'Partnership in abstraction', pg. 105-130, Newcastle upon Tyne, 2010, 127, 128 (illus.). figure 5.6
Other works by Grace Crowley
See more works