- Media category
- Materials used
- pencil, watercolour on ivory wove paper, varnish
- 17.7 x 24.8 cm image/sheet; 28.9 x 39.0 cm sheet
- Signature & date
Signed and dated l.r., brown watercolour "MACK 40".
- Gift of Olive Hirschfeld, the artist's widow 1970
- Not on display
- Accession number
- © Reproduced with permission
- Artist information
Works in the collection
Shown in 5 exhibitions
Two masters of the Weimar Bauhaus: Lyonel Feininger, Ludwig Hirschfeld Mack:
- Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney 04 Jul 1974–19 Aug 1974
- National Gallery of Victoria [St Kilda Road], Melbourne 29 Aug 1974–06 Oct 1974
The edge of the world, Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, 05 Jul 1985–25 Aug 1985
Modernism 1900-1950: prints and drawings from the collection, Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, 23 Jul 1994–25 Sep 1994
Bauhaus and Expressionism: German prints and drawings from the Art Gallery of New South Wales, New England Regional Art Museum, Armidale, 04 Mar 2005–15 May 2005
Modern Times, State Library of Queensland, South Brisbane, 31 Jul 2009–08 Nov 2009
Referenced in 3 publications
Nicholas Draffin, Two masters of the Weimar Bauhaus: Lyonel Feininger, Ludwig Hirschfeld Mack, Sydney, 1974.
Renée Free, Modernism 1900-1950: prints and drawings from the collection, Sydney, 1994.
Rodney James, Brought to Light: Australian Art 1850–1965 from the Queensland Art Gallery collection, 'Hirschfeld Mack's Humanism. Ludwig Hirschfeld Isle of Man', pg. 164-167, Brisbane, 1998, 167 (colour illus.).
Other works by Ludwig Hirschfeld-Mack
See all 39 works