- Media category
- Materials used
- aquatint, black fibre-tipped pen on paper
- artists' proof, first state
- 60.6 x 42.1 cm platemark; 71.7 x 50.7 cm sheet
- Signature & date
Not signed. Not dated.
- Anonymous gift 1993
- Not on display
- Accession number
- © Reproduced with permission of Bundanon Trust
- Artist information
Works in the collection
Shown in 1 exhibition
Arthur Boyd retrospective (1993-1994):
- Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney 15 Dec 1993–06 Mar 1994
- National Gallery of Victoria [St Kilda Road], Melbourne 30 Mar 1994–23 May 1994
- Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery, Hobart 09 Jun 1994–21 Aug 1994
- Art Gallery of Western Australia, Perth 22 Sep 1994–20 Nov 1994
Referenced in 5 publications
Darleen Bungey, Arthur Boyd: A life, Sydney, 2007, 510, 513-515. NOTE: General reference on Narcissus series.
Dr Ursula Hoff, The art of Arthur Boyd, 'Part III: 1971-1983', pg 64-86, London, 1986, (illus.). plate 178; dated 1983; titled 'The Narcissus Emblems: ... eaten myself off the water's edge'
Janet McKenzie, Arthur Boyd: Art and life, 'Collaborative projects', pg.130-55, London, 2000, 147-154.
Barry Pearce, Arthur Boyd retrospective, Sydney, 1993, 156, 194 (illus.). cat.no. 185
Peter Porter, Narcissus, London, 1984, cover (illus.), 31 (illus.).
Other works by Arthur Boyd
See more works