Cattle on hillside, Shoalhaven
24 Jul 1920 - 24 Apr 1999
Cattle on a hillside, Shoalhaven
oil on canvas
112.0 x 106.0 cm
Margaret Hannah Olley Art Trust 1991
Not on display
© Reproduced with permission of Bundanon Trust
Where the work was made
New South Wales
Shown in 5 exhibitions
Arthur Boyd (1991), Philip Bacon Galleries, Brisbane, 14 May 1991–07 Jun 1991
Great gifts, great patrons, Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, 17 Aug 1994–19 Oct 1994
Favourites: Margaret Olley and Barry Humphries choose from Australian collections (2000), S.H. Ervin Gallery, The Rocks, 15 Jan 2000–27 Feb 2000
Australian icons: twenty artists from the collection, Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, 04 Aug 2000–03 Dec 2000
Rivers + Rocks: Select works of Arthur Boyd & Brett Whiteley (2001-2002):
- The Brett Whiteley Studio, Surry Hills 20 Oct 2001–27 Jan 2002
- Orange Regional Gallery, Orange 08 Feb 2002–10 Mar 2002
- New England Regional Art Museum, Armidale 15 Mar 2002–21 Apr 2002
- Noosa Regional Gallery, Queensland 10 May 2002–09 Jun 2002
- Perc Tucker Regional Gallery, Townsville 21 Jun 2002–21 Jul 2002
- Penrith Regional Gallery & The Lewers Bequest, Emu Plains 03 Aug 2002–08 Sep 2002
- Mornington Peninsula Regional Gallery, Mornington 25 Sep 2002–27 Oct 2002
- Art Gallery of Ballarat, Ballarat 01 Nov 2002–01 Dec 2002
Referenced in 7 publications
Favourites: Margaret Olley and Barry Humphries choose from public and private collections, Sydney, 2000. Catalogue entry appears in inserted list to printed catalogue
Barry Pearce, Look, 'The legacy in Sydney Arthur Boyd', pg. 18-20, Melbourne, Jul 1999, 20.
Look, Melbourne, Dec 1999-Jan 2000, 12 (colour illus.).
Gavin Wilson, Rivers + Rocks : select works of Arthur Boyd & Brett Whiteley, 'Rivers + Rocks', pg. 9-60, New South Wales, 2001, 10, 11 (colour illus.). titled 'Cattle on a hillside, Shoalhaven'
John Walsh, Arthur Boyd, Shoalhaven and Beyond, New South Wales, 1995, (colour illus.). cat.no. 3, not paginated; PS Worksheet 369
Arthur Boyd (1991), Brisbane, 1991. cat.no. 12
November Journal, North Melbourne, 2017, cover (colour illus.).