Cattle on hillside, Shoalhaven
24 Jul 1920 - 24 Apr 1999
Cattle on a hillside, Shoalhaven
oil on canvas
112.0 x 106.0 cm
Margaret Hannah Olley Art Trust 1991
Not on display
© Reproduced with permission of Bundanon Trust
Where the work was made
New South Wales
Shown in 5 exhibitions
Arthur Boyd (1991), Philip Bacon Galleries, Brisbane, 14 May 1991–07 Jun 1991
Great gifts, great patrons, Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, 17 Aug 1994–19 Oct 1994
Favourites: Margaret Olley and Barry Humphries choose from Australian collections (2000), S.H. Ervin Gallery, The Rocks, 15 Jan 2000–27 Feb 2000
Australian icons: twenty artists from the collection, Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, 04 Aug 2000–03 Dec 2000
Rivers + Rocks: Select works of Arthur Boyd & Brett Whiteley (2001-2002):
- The Brett Whiteley Studio, Surry Hills 20 Oct 2001–27 Jan 2002
- Orange Regional Gallery, Orange 08 Feb 2002–10 Mar 2002
- New England Regional Art Museum, Armidale 15 Mar 2002–21 Apr 2002
- Noosa Regional Gallery, Queensland 10 May 2002–09 Jun 2002
- Perc Tucker Regional Gallery, Townsville 21 Jun 2002–21 Jul 2002
- Penrith Regional Gallery & The Lewers Bequest, Emu Plains 03 Aug 2002–08 Sep 2002
- Mornington Peninsula Regional Gallery, Mornington 25 Sep 2002–27 Oct 2002
- Art Gallery of Ballarat, Ballarat 01 Nov 2002–01 Dec 2002
Referenced in 7 publications
Barry Pearce, Look, 'The legacy in Sydney Arthur Boyd', pg. 18-20, Melbourne, Jul 1999, 20.
Gavin Wilson, Rivers + Rocks : select works of Arthur Boyd & Brett Whiteley, 'Rivers + Rocks', pg. 9-60, New South Wales, 2001, 10, 11 (colour illus.). titled 'Cattle on a hillside, Shoalhaven'
Favourites: Margaret Olley and Barry Humphries choose from public and private collections, Sydney, 2000. Catalogue entry appears in inserted list to printed catalogue
Look, Melbourne, Dec 1999-Jan 2000, 12 (colour illus.).
Arthur Boyd, Shoalhaven and Beyond, New South Wales, 1995, (colour illus.). cat.no. 3, not paginated; PS Worksheet 369
Arthur Boyd (1991), Brisbane, 1991. cat.no. 12
November Journal, North Melbourne, 2017, cover (colour illus.).