- (circa 1905)
- Media category
- Materials used
- oil on canvas
- 44.5 x 34.2 cm stretcher; 61.5 x 53.0 x 9.0 cm frame
- Signature & date
Signed l.r. corner, green oil "D.DAVIES". Not dated.
- Purchased with assistance from Sir Charles Lloyd Jones and the Marshall Bequest Fund 1984
- Not on display
- Accession number
- Artist information
Works in the collection
Shown in 1 exhibition
David Davies (1984-1985):
- Art Gallery of Ballarat, Ballarat 11 Sep 1984–11 Nov 1984
- National Gallery of Victoria [St Kilda Road], Melbourne 04 Dec 1984–06 Jan 1985
- Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney 01 Feb 1985–10 Mar 1985
Referenced in 4 publications
Tracey Cooper-Laverty, Wild colonials: Australian artists and the Newlyn and St Ives colonies, 'Australians in Cornwall: the simple life', pg. 73-93, Bendigo, 2009, 55 (colour illus.), 81. NOTE: general information relating to the artist and the work he produced in Cornwall, pg. 80-81.
Anne Kirker and Peter Tomory, British painting 1800–1990 in Australian and New Zealand public collections, Sydney, 1997, 71. cat.no. 487
Ursula Prunster, Australian art: in the Art Gallery of New South Wales, 'Home and abroad', pg. 73-74, Sydney, 2000, 74, 76 (colour illus.), 300.
Cameron Sparks, David Davies 1864-1939, 'David Davies: 1864-1939', pg. 9-20, Ballarat, 1984, 18-19, 47 (colour illus.). cat.no. 30
Other works by David Davies
See all 6 works