oil on hardboard
30.5 x 54.5 cm board; 46.3 x 69.5 x 8.5 cm frame
Signature & date
Signed l.r. corner, blue oil "JP".
Signed and dated c. verso on board, pen and black ink ".../ John Passmore/ 1953 ..".
Signed c. verso on board, pen and black ink "John Passmore/ .../ ...".
Bequest of Carlyle Greenwell 1961
Not on display
© John Passmore Museum of Art
Shown in 4 exhibitions
Australian Contemporary Painting (1955):
- National Gallery of Victoria [Swanston Street], Melbourne 16 Mar 1955–27 Apr 1955
- National Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney 11 May 1955–29 May 1955
- Art Gallery of Western Australia, Perth 1955 -
- Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery, Hobart 1955 -
- Queensland Art Gallery, South Brisbane 1955–1955
- National Gallery of South Australia, Adelaide 1955 -
Purchases and Acquisitions for 1961, Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, 04 Apr 1962–25 May 1962
John Passmore Retrospective (1984-1985):
Australian icons: twenty artists from the collection, Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, 04 Aug 2000–03 Dec 2000
Referenced in 4 publications
Paula Dredge, Margaret Sawicki, Steven Miller and Lindsay Parker, S.A. Parker Framing Works, 'Works in the collection with known Parker frames', pg. 27-68, Sydney, 2004, 63 (illus.).
Sir Daryl Lindsay, Contemporary Australian paintings, Melbourne, 1955. cat.no. 3; Lent by the National Art Gallery of New South Wales
Barry Pearce, John Passmore 1904-84, Sydney, 1984, 61 (colour illus.). cat.no. 34
David Thomas, Society of Artists Spring Exhibition, 'Works from the Wesfarmers collection of Australian art part 1: lots 1-23’, pg. 24-25, Sydney, 1912, 24.