- Media categories
- Time-based art , Drawing
- Materials used
- digital tape (betacam) shown as single channel digital video animation, black and white, sound; study drawing: pencil and enamel on tracing paper
- 2/4 [edition of 4 plus 1 Artist's Proof]
- duration: 01:00:00 hr; aspect ratio: 4:3
- Signature & date
Signed l.l. certificate of authenticity, black ink "FAlÿs". Not dated.
Signed l.r. drawing, pencil "...F.Alÿs". Not dated.
- John Kaldor Family Collection
- Not on display
- Accession number
- © Francis Alÿs. Courtesy Galerie Peter Kilchmann, Zurich
- Artist information
Works in the collection
A signed study drawing for 'The last clown' accompanies each video. Unique series of 24 drawings.
Referenced in 4 publications
Jorg Heiser, Frieze no.69, 'Walk on the wild side', London, 2002, 72 (illus.).
Michèle Thériault, Francis Alys: the last clown, 2000, (illus.).
Cuauhtémoc Medina; 'Francis Alys: what goes on in the street' bu David Torres, Francis Alys: the last clown, 'Falling from grace', 2000, (illus.). no pagination
Wayne Tunnicliffe (Editor), John Kaldor family collection: Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, 2011, 170, 177 (colour illus.).
Other works by Francis Alÿs
See all 14 works