- Place where the work was made
New South Wales
- Media category
- Materials used
- oil on hardboard
- 61.0 x 76.2; 73.5 x 88.7 x 4.5 cm frame
- Signature & date
Signed l.r., oil "RONALD STEWART". Not dated.
- Purchased 1958
- Not on display
- Accession number
- © AGNSW
- Wynne Prize
- Winner - 1958
- Artist information
Ronald Hewison Steuart
Works in the collection
This painting won the Wynne Prize in 1958 and was acquired by the Gallery in 1958.
Where the work was made
Shown in 4 exhibitions
Archibald, Wynne and Sulman Competitions 1958, Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, 13 Dec 1958–18 Jan 1959
Purchases and Acquisitions for 1958, Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, 11 Feb 1959–08 Mar 1959
Maitland Local Centenary Art Exhibition: Paintings by artists from the Hunter Valley Region (1963), Maitland Town Hall, 23 Sep 1963–27 Sep 1963
The Wynne prize: an Australian landscape tradition (1987):
- S.H. Ervin Gallery, The Rocks 19 Dec 1986–01 Feb 1987
- Lake Macquarie City Art Gallery, Booragul 06 Mar 1987–29 Mar 1987
- Orange Regional Gallery, Orange 10 Apr 1987–17 May 1987
- Griffith Regional Art Gallery 03 Jun 1987–20 Jun 1987
- Wagga Wagga Art Gallery, Australia 01 Jul 1987–26 Jul 1987
- Albury Regional Gallery, Albury 07 Aug 1987–06 Sep 1987
- Broken Hill City Art Gallery, Broken Hill 18 Sep 1987–26 Oct 1987
- Tamworth City Gallery, Tamworth 05 Nov 1987–13 Dec 1987
Referenced in 7 publications
Art Gallery of New South Wales, Purchases and Acquisitions for 1958 National Art Gallery of N.S.W., Sydney, 1958, 15. cat.no. 28
Helen Campbell, Wynne centenary 1897-1997: a selection of past winners from the Gallery's collection, Sydney, 1997. not paginated
Edmund Capon AM, OBE (Director), Barry Pearce (Curator) and Dinah Dysart (Curator), The Wynne prize: an Australian landscape tradition, Sydney, 1986, 29, 30 (illus.).
Douglas Dundas, Art Gallery of New South Wales quarterly, 'The Wynne and Sulman prizes', pg. 53-56, Sydney, Jan 1961, 55 (illus.).
National Art Gallery of New South Wales, Archibald, Wynne & Sulman Prizes for 1958, Sydney, 1958. Winner of Wynne Prize
Author Unknown, Maitland Local Centenary Art Exhibition: Paintings by artists from the Hunter Valley Region (1963), Maitland, 1963. cat.no. 21; Lent by the Art Gallery of N.S.W.
Editor Unknown (Editor), Daily telegraph and daily news, 'Archibald, Wynne entries', Sydney, 13 Dec 1958, (illus.).
Other works by Ronald Hewison Steuart
See more works