oil on canvas on hardboard
43.7 x 56.0 cm board; 62.0 x 73.6 x 6.6 cm frame
Signature & date
Signed and dated l.l., grey oil "D Strachan XLV".
Not on display
© Estate of David Strachan
Shown in 3 exhibitions
The Sydney Group (1945), David Jones' Art Gallery, Sydney, Sydney, Aug 1945 -
Travelling Art Exhibition 1953. Still life and flower paintings by Australian artists:
- Church of England Parish Hall, Grenfell 16 Mar 1953–30 Mar 1953
- Young Public Library, Young 14 Apr 1953–28 Apr 1953
- Bega County Council Exhibition Hall, Bega 19 May 1953–02 Jun 1953
- Wollongong High School Assembly Hall, Fairy Meadow 03 Aug 1953–15 Aug 1953
- Taree Council Chambers, Taree 15 Sep 1953–29 Sep 1953
- Dubbo Mechanics' Institute, Dubbo 13 Oct 1953–27 Oct 1953
Australian modern masterpieces from the Art Gallery of New South Wales:
Referenced in 2 publications
Helen Campbell, Australian art: in the Art Gallery of New South Wales, 'Out of Sydney: city and hinterlands', pg. 185-186, Sydney, 2000, 208 (colour illus.), 302.
Penelope Curtin and Tansy Curtin, Blooms and brushstrokes: a floral history of Australian art, 'Flowers A-Z: Rudbeckia', pg. 168-169, Mile End, 168, 169 (colour illus.), 196.