(Figure studies and woman in a window) (London genre)
24 Sep 1899 - 13 May 1970
pen and ink
13.4 x 10.2
Signature & date
Not signed. Not dated.
Gift of the Trustees of the Sir William Dobell Art Foundation 1990
Not on display
© Courtesy Sir William Dobell Art Foundation.
Shown in 1 exhibition
William Dobell the painter's progress (1997-1998):
- Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney 14 Feb 1997–27 Apr 1997
- Newcastle Art Gallery, Newcastle 07 May 1997–06 Jul 1997
- Museum of Modern Art at Heide, Melbourne 29 Jul 1997–21 Sep 1997
- Queensland Art Gallery, South Brisbane 25 Oct 1997–07 Dec 1997
- Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery, Hobart 08 Jan 1998–01 Mar 1998
Referenced in 3 publications
Rob Ditessa, Artist's palette (No. 17), 'The art of drawing', pg. 6-11, Sydney, 2001, 8 (colour illus.).
Hendrik Kolenberg, Look, 'Drawing conclusions', pg. 14-17, Sydney, Sep 2006, 15 (colour illus., detail).
Peter Raissis, William Dobell - the painter's progress, 'London: life and portraits', pg. 32-72, Sydney, 1997, 63 (colour illus.). cat.no. 18b