- Media category
- Materials used
- oil on canvas on hardboard
121.3 x 121.3 cm board; 123.4 x 123.4 x 3.3 cm frame
0 - Whole, 121.5 x 121.5 cm, Old curators catalogue card
- Signature & date
Not signed. Not dated.
- Purchased with funds provided by a special NSW Government Grant 1973
- Not on display
- Accession number
- © Courtesy Sir William Dobell Art Foundation
- Artist information
Works in the collection
Shown in 1 exhibition
William Dobell the painter's progress (1997-1998):
- Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney 14 Feb 1997–27 Apr 1997
- Newcastle Art Gallery, Newcastle 07 May 1997–06 Jul 1997
- Museum of Modern Art at Heide, Melbourne 29 Jul 1997–21 Sep 1997
- Queensland Art Gallery, South Brisbane 25 Oct 1997–07 Dec 1997
- Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery, Hobart 08 Jan 1998–01 Mar 1998
Referenced in 6 publications
Pat Andrews, Old Woman of Irish Blood, Washington, 1996, cover (illus.).
Kym Bonython, Ross K Luck, Laurie Thomas and Elwyn Lynn, Modern Australian painting, 1950/1975, Adelaide, 1980, 80 (colour illus.).
Kym Bonython and Ross K Luck, Modern Australian painting, 1960/1970, Adelaide, 1970, 42 (colour illus.). colour plate no. 46
Elizabeth Donaldson and Robert Donaldson, William Dobell: his life, art and home, 'Life at Wangi', pg. 75-97, New South Wales, 2011, 96 (colour illus.), 138.
Elizabeth Donaldson, William Dobell: an artist's life, 'Life at Wangi', pg. 127-171, New South Wales, 2010, 161 (colour illus.), 204 (colour illus.).
Barry Pearce, William Dobell - the painter's progress, 'Introduction', pg. 9-22, Sydney, 1997, 15, 132 (colour illus.), 144. cat.no. 47
Other works by William Dobell
See more works