- Place where the work was made
- Edo (Tokugawa) period 1615 - 1868 → Japan
- late 18th century-early 19th century
- Media category
- Materials used
- porcelain with underglaze blue
- 33.0 x 20.5 cm
- Signature & date
Not signed. Not dated.
- Gift of Sogetsu Ikebana Friends in memory of Norman J Sparnon AO 1997
- Not on display
- Accession number
- Artist information
Works in the collection
Where the work was made
Shown in 1 exhibition
Glorious, Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, 27 May 2017–06 Jan 2019
Referenced in 2 publications
Art Gallery of New South Wales, Art Gallery of New South Wales annual report 1998, 'Collections', pg. 15-19, Sydney, 1998, 17 (colour illus.).
Jackie Menzies (Editor), The Asian Collections Art Gallery of New South Wales, 'Ceramics', Sydney, 2003, 266 (colour illus.).
Other works by Arita ware
Arita ware Octagonal bowl with design of two phoenixes on ... late 17th century-early 18th century 172.1986
See more works