"Sir John Jamison, a naval surgeon who settled in Sydney, subdivided his Sydney property in 1831, cutting a street through from George Street to Clarence Street. Although named after him, this street was misspelt"
Hal Missingham, 'The etchings of Sydney Ure Smith', Ure Smith Pty. Limited, Sydney, 1950
No. 15 Jamieson Street
etching, printed in brown ink with plate tone on ivory laid paper
14.6 x 7.2 cm platemark; 17.5 x 10.3 sheet
Signature & date
Signed l.r. corner, pencil "Sydney Ure Smith".
Signed in plate to print u.l. corner "S. Ure S.".
Not on display
Referenced in 1 publication
The etchings of Sydney Ure Smith, Sydney, 1950, (illus.). plate no. 16; titled 'No. 15 Jamieson Street', etched 1916