- Media categories
- Mixed media painting , Painting
- Materials used
- pen, gouache, watercolour and acrylic on polyester canvas
- 119.7 x 86.0 cm stretcher; 124.0 x 90.1 x 6.0 cm frame
- Signature & date
Signed and dated top c., black fibre-tipped pen "del kathryn barton 2004.".
Signed and dated c.l. verso on stretcher bar, purple fibre-tipped pen "... del kathryn barton 2004.".
- Gift of ARTAND Australia 2015. Donated through the Australian Government's Cultural Gifts Program
- Accession number
- © Del Kathyn Barton
- Artist information
Del Kathryn Barton
Works in the collection
Shown in 3 exhibitions
girl, The Hughes Gallery (Surry Hills), Surry Hills, 06 Nov 2004–01 Dec 2004
Art & Australia collection 2003-2013:
- Newcastle Art Gallery, Newcastle 08 Dec 2012–17 Feb 2013
- Hazelhurst Regional Gallery and Arts Centre 23 Nov 2013–26 Jan 2014
- Western Plains Cultural Centre, Dubbo 08 Mar 2014–04 May 2014
- Gippsland Art Gallery, Sale 17 May 2014–13 Jul 2014
- Art Gallery of Ballarat, Ballarat 16 Aug 2014–28 Sep 2014
- Ipswich Art Gallery, Ipswich 01 Nov 2014–21 Dec 2014
Del Kathryn Barton- The Highway is a disco, Ian Potter Centre: NGV Australia, Melbourne, 18 Nov 2017–12 Mar 2018
Referenced in 3 publications
Claire Armstrong, Art and Australia (Vol. 42, No. 1), 'ANZ emerging artists program: Del Kathryn Barton', pg. 160, Sydney, Sep 2004-Nov 2004, 160, back cover (colour illus.).
Helen O'Neill, Look, 'Travels in art', pg. 27-29, Sydney, Jan 2018-Feb 2018, 27.
Eleonora Triguboff (Editor), Art and Australia collection awards projects 2003-2013, Sydney, 2012, front flyleaf (colour illus.), 16 (colour illus.), 18 (colour illus.), 19 (colour illus., detail).
Other works by Del Kathryn Barton
See more works