- Other Title
- blue vase with a freize of gum trees
- Media category
- Materials used
- earthenware, applied slip decoration, cobalt blue underglaze and clear glaze
- 16.4h x 11.0 cm diam.
- Signature & date
Signed and dated on base "VI EYRE 1924".
- Purchased 1924
- Not on display
- Accession number
- © Estate of Vi Eyre
- Artist information
Works in the collection
Shown in 2 exhibitions
Australian pottery 1900 to 1950 (1978-79):
- Shepparton Art Museum, Australia 05 Sep 1978–05 Oct 1978
- Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney 07 Dec 1978–09 Jan 1979
- National Gallery of Victoria [St Kilda Road], Melbourne 18 Jan 1979–08 Feb 1979
- Art Gallery of South Australia, Adelaide 24 Feb 1979–25 Mar 1979
Flora and Fauna - Australian Decorative Art from the Gallery's Collection, Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, 20 Apr 1998–20 Jun 1998
Referenced in 3 publications
Deborah Edwards and Alisa de Torres, Australian decorative arts, Sydney, 1991, 10. cat.no. 22
Jackie Menzies, Project 24: Cicadas and gumnuts - the Society of Arts and Crafts 1906-1935, Sydney, 1978. General reference.
Peter Timms, Australian pottery 1900 to 1950, 'Australian pottery 1900 to 1950', pg. 9-14, Shepparton, 1978, 11, 30, 60. cat.no. 43; titled 'blue vase with a freize of gum trees'
Other works by Vi Eyre
See all 5 works