- Media category
- Materials used
- charcoal on thick white wove paper
- 72.5 x 260.0 cm sheet; 101.5 x 289.5 x 6.0 cm frame
- Signature & date
Signed and dated l.r. corner, pencil "Jennifer Keeler-Milne 2000".
- Purchased with funds provided by the Art Gallery Society of New South Wales 2000
- Lowy, Gonski Gallery (members lounge)
- Accession number
- © Jennifer Keeler-Milne
- Dobell Prize for Drawing
- - 2000
- Artist information
Works in the collection
Jennifer Keeler-Milne studied at the Melbourne College of Advanced Education from 1979-82 and completed post-graduate studies in painting at the Victorian College of the Arts (University of Melbourne) in 1991. She has exhibited since 1984 and was resident at the AGNSW's atelier at the Cité Internationale des Arts in Paris, 1999.
Somewhat reminiscent of John Constable's remarkable cloud studies (except in size), Jennifer Keeler Milne's drawings of clouds are sophisticated and carefully observed. Her clouds have substance and presence, or great lightness and transparency suggestive of changing weather conditions, space and atmosphere.
This work was exhibited in the Dobell Drawing Prize 2000 held at the Art Gallery of New South Wales.This work was acquired by the Gallery in 2000.
Shown in 2 exhibitions
Dobell Prize for Drawing 2000, Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, 18 Mar 2000–07 May 2000
Contemporary Australian Drawing: 20 Years of the Dobell Drawing Prize:
- Grafton Regional Gallery 15 Feb 2013–24 Mar 2013
- Lake Macquarie City Art Gallery, Booragul 30 Mar 2013–05 May 2013
- Orange Regional Gallery, Orange 05 Jul 2013–18 Aug 2013
- National Art School, Darlinghurst 29 Aug 2013–06 Oct 2013
- Tweed Regional Gallery & Margaret Olley Art Centre, Murwillumbah 18 Oct 2013–24 Nov 2013
- Drill Hall Gallery, Australian National University, Canberra 11 Apr 2014–18 May 2014
Referenced in 4 publications
Helen Campbell, Contemporary Australian Drawing: 20 years of the Dobell Prize for Drawing, ‘Other works acquired from the Dobell Prize for Drawing’ compiled, pg. 62-72, Sydney, 2012, 11, 67 (colour illus.), 76.
Hendrik Kolenberg, The Dobell Prize for Drawing: 1993-2004, ‘Introduction’, pg. 8-9, Sydney, 2004, 9, 44 (colour illus.), 53.
Hendrik Kolenberg, Look, 'A fine harvest of drawings: legacy of an exceptional draughtsman', pg. 28-31, Sydney, Nov 2011, 31.
Anne Ryan, Look: 1953-2003 celebrating 50 years, 'Past and present: reflecting the diversity of Gallery's largest collection', pg. 54-56, Sydney, May 2003, 55.
Other works by Jennifer Keeler-Milne
See more works