- circa 1900
- Media category
- Materials used
- oil on canvas
- 77.0 x 102.0 cm stretcher; 98.7 x 122.5 x 7.0 cm frame
- Signature & date
Signed l.r., black paint "F.B.". Not dated.
- Purchased 1976
- Not on display
- Accession number
- © Frank Brangwyn Estate
- Artist information
Sir Frank Brangwyn
Works in the collection
Shown in 1 exhibition
Sir Frank Brangwyn R.A. 30th Anniversary Exhibition, Mildura Arts Centre, Mildura, 01 Apr 1986–29 Apr 1986
Referenced in 8 publications
Renée Free, Art Gallery of New South Wales catalogue of British paintings, Sydney, 1987, p 17, illus p 17.
Algernon Graves, The Royal Academy of Arts: a complete dictionary of contributors and their work from its foundation in 1769 to 1904, London, 1905-1906, vol 1, 1905, p 270.
Libby Horner and Gillian Naylor (Editors), Frank Brangwyn 1867–1956, Leeds, 2006, p 65.
Anne Kirker and Peter Tomory, British painting 1800–1990 in Australian and New Zealand public collections, Sydney, 1997, p 54, no 197.
The exhibition of the Royal Academy of Arts … the one hundred and thirtieth, London, 1898, p 13, no 218.
Catalogue of acquisitions 1976, Sydney, 1978, p 81, no 250.
Art Gallery of New South Wales annual report for the year ended 30th June 1986, Sydney, 1986, p 28. Loan.
Sir James R. McGregor, Sydney/New South Wales/Australia
Artarmon Galleries, Sydney/New South Wales/Australia, Purchased by the AGNSW from Artarmon Galleries 1976
Other works by Sir Frank Brangwyn
See all 19 works