- Media category
- Materials used
- oil on canvas on hardboard
- 183.0 x 244.3
- Purchased 1973
- Not on display
- Accession number
- © Estate of Eric Smith
- Wynne Prize
- Winner - 1972
- Artist information
Eric John Smith
Works in the collection
This painting won the Wynne Prize in 1972 and was acquired by the Gallery in 1973.
Shown in 2 exhibitions
Annual Prize Competitions 1972: Archibald, Wynne and Sulman, Trustees Watercolour, John and Elizabeth Newnham Pring Memorial, Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, 20 Jan 1973–18 Feb 1973
The Wynne prize: an Australian landscape tradition (1987):
- S.H. Ervin Gallery, The Rocks 19 Dec 1986–01 Feb 1987
- Lake Macquarie City Art Gallery, Booragul 06 Mar 1987–29 Mar 1987
- Orange Regional Gallery, Orange 10 Apr 1987–17 May 1987
- Griffith Regional Art Gallery 03 Jun 1987–20 Jun 1987
- Wagga Wagga Art Gallery, Australia 01 Jul 1987–26 Jul 1987
- Albury Regional Gallery, Albury 07 Aug 1987–06 Sep 1987
- Broken Hill City Art Gallery, Broken Hill 18 Sep 1987–26 Oct 1987
- Tamworth City Gallery, Tamworth 05 Nov 1987–13 Dec 1987
Referenced in 3 publications
Helen Campbell, Wynne centenary 1897-1997: a selection of past winners from the Gallery's collection, Sydney, 1997.
Edmund Capon AM, OBE (Director), Barry Pearce (Curator) and Dinah Dysart (Curator), The Wynne prize: an Australian landscape tradition, Sydney, 1986, 29, 34 (illus.).
Edmund Capon AM, OBE and Jan Meek (Editors), Portrait of a Gallery, 'Australian 20th Century Art', pg. 71-89, Sydney, 1984, 88 (colour illus.).
Other works by Eric John Smith
See more works