- Other Title
- Untitled series (gyprock pile in foreground, black tank on right side, part of factory on left, clouds and steam)
- Media category
- Materials used
- gelatin silver photograph
- 37.0 x 44.5 cm image; 46.0 x 52.0 cm sheet
- Signature & date
Signed and dated lower verso, ink "BILL HENSON....1983...".
- CSR Photography Project Collection - Bicentennial Gift of CSR Limited 1988
- Not on display
- Accession number
- © Bill Henson. Courtesy Roslyn Oxley9 Gallery
- Artist information
Works in the collection
In 1978 CSR Ltd was the first company in Australia to commission photographers to work as artists interpreting the company’s activities. Completed in 1985, the collection was exhibited across the country and then given to the Art Gallery of NSW in 1988. The photographers commissioned included Max Dupain, Bill Henson, Fiona Hall, David Moore, Micky Allan, Sandy Edwards, Ed Douglas, Gerrit Fokkema, Peter Elliston, John F Wiiliams, Peter Elliston, Mark Johnson, Carolyn Johns, David Stephenson, Debra Phillips, Max Pam, Graham McCarter and Grant Mudford.
Shown in 2 exhibitions
CSR Photography Project: Recent work, Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, 24 Sep 1983–16 Oct 1983
CSR Photography Project Collection: A bicentennial gift to the AGNSW, Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, 24 Feb 1988–15 May 1988
Referenced in 1 publication
Robert McFarlane and Christine Godden, CSR Photography Project Collection: A bicentennial gift to the AGNSW, Sydney, 1988.
Other works by Bill Henson
See all 77 works