Booking your visit
- Please read the entire page first
- All visits by education groups, including self-guided visits, must be booked in advance.
- A minimum of 1 week’s notice is required for a self-guided visit.
- A minimum of 2 weeks’ notice is required for a serviced visit.
- We cannot accept tentative bookings.
- Please use the booking request form provided (online or printable).
- All bookings will only be accepted in writing, by fax, mail or online.
- Any change must be made in writing, by fax, mail or email.
- Any fees associated with your visit, such as program and exhibition entry fees, are invoiced. Exhibition entry fees are no longer paid at the entry desk on the day of your visit.
- It’s essential you enter an exhibition at your allocated time.
Before you make your booking
Before you make your booking, we suggest you plan your day strategically to maximise your time at the Gallery. Consider your desired outcomes and which combination of booked services, experiences and resources can best achieve them. If you need more information or advice, contact us to discuss your needs.
We recommend you select three possible dates and times for your visit in case your first choices are not available. These dates should already be approved by your school or institution before you provide them to us.
We understand changes are sometimes essential but they can lead to delays and other issues so should be avoided whenever possible.
How to book
- Fill in the booking request form or download the printable booking form and mail or fax it to us.
- Once your booking has been finalised, you should receive a confirmation by email or fax within 2 working days (3 working days during the peak period, February – May). You will then receive an invoice for any program and exhibition entry fees and confirmation letter by mail.
- Please check all details are correct and contact us immediately if corrections are required.
- Payment in full must be received at least 5 working days before your visit, either by cheque, direct deposit or credit card.
How to pay
Make cheques payable to ‘Public Programs Department, AGNSW’ and send to:
Public Programs Booking Office
Art Gallery of New South Wales
Art Gallery Road, Sydney NSW 2000
Mastercard, Visa or American Express
Tel: 02 9225 1740
Westpac Banking Corp, BSB 032001, Account no 101096
Quote your invoice number
Cancellations and changes
Cancellations and changes must be received by email at least 2 working days prior to the scheduled booking.
Cancellations and changes received after this time carry full liability for payment.
Education groups visiting the Gallery are entitled to a discounted exhibition entry fee of $7 per student.
To receive this concession rate, you must:
- book at least 1 week in advance for self-guided visits or 2 weeks in advance for serviced visits
- be admitted as one group with all students present
- pay in one lump sum to Public Programs in advance
Accompanying teachers/lecturers are admitted free, according to the following student : teacher ratio.
These student : teacher ratios for group visits are strongly advised, to maximise the education outcomes and experiences of the Gallery for each education group and the wider general public.
Years K-6, pre-schools and home schoolers
Serviced 8:1 / Self-guided 10:1
Serviced and self-guided 15:1
Serviced 20:1 / Self-guided 60:1
What else you need to know
- Risk assessment and child protection
- Visit procedures
- Getting here
- Visiting for people with disability
Printable booking request form (PDF 38.7 KB)
See two exhibitions for the price of one
Education groups booking a visit to Archibald, Wynne and Sulman Prizes 2015 for $7 per student can book to see Julia Margaret Cameron: from the Victoria and Albert Museum, London for free on the same visit
Public Programs Bookings Office
9am – 5pm
Monday – Friday
Tel: 02 9225 1740
Fax: 02 9225 1842
Art Gallery of NSW
Art Gallery Road