(France 1756 – )
9.5 x 10.6 x 7.3 cm
This form of milk jug derives from silver prototypes. It was introduced at Sèvres in 1752 and became one of the factory’s most successful designs, widely copied at other factories (compare L2012.137).
Richard Beresford, Eighteenth - Century European Porcelain in the Kenneth Reed collection, Sydney, 2012, 100 (colour illus.). cat.no. 128