(France 1756– )
cup 6.1 x 9.3 x 7.0 cm; saucer 3.2 x 13.4 cm diam:
a - cup; 6.1 x 9.3 x 7cm
b - saucer; 3.2 x 13.4cm
This cup shape, introduced in 1753, was named after one of the factory’s early shareholders, Antoine-Augustin Bouillard. The form of decoration, which is also found on other cup shapes, is probably based on a fabric design.
Richard Beresford, Eighteenth - Century European Porcelain in the Kenneth Reed collection 2012, Sydney, 2012, 100 (colour illus.). cat.no. 127