(England 1744 – 1769)
2.8 x 21.3 cm diam
This plate has the same form as another plate in the collection (L2012.99), but demonstrates the recovery of the factory’s fortunes c1760 as it entered the gold anchor period. After some years of experimentation with pastes and glazes the factory now adopted a new paste containing bone ash which produced a robust white porcelain body.
Richard Beresford, Eighteenth - Century European Porcelain in the Kenneth Reed collection, Sydney, 2012, 5 (colour illus., detail), 57 (colour illus.). cat.no. 68