synthetic polymer paint on canvas
248.3 x 358.1 cm stretcher; 252.0 x 362.0 x 6.8 cm frame
Purchased under the terms of the Florence Turner Blake Bequest 1967
Not on display
© Morris Louis
Shown in 2 exhibitions
Two decades of American painting:
- National Museum of Western Art, Tokyo, Japan 15 Oct 1966–27 Nov 1966
- The National Museum of Modern Art, Kyoto, Kyoto 10 Dec 1966–22 Jan 1967
- Lalit Kala Gallery, India 28 Mar 1967–30 Apr 1967
- National Gallery of Victoria [Swanston Street], Melbourne 06 Jun 1967–09 Jul 1967
- Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney 26 Jul 1967–20 Aug 1967
Abstract Expressionism, National Gallery of Australia, Parkes, 13 Jul 2012–25 Feb 2013
Referenced in 6 publications
Art Gallery of New South Wales, Art Gallery of New South Wales picturebook, Sydney, 1972, 63 (colour illus.).
Tony Bond and Wayne Tunnicliffe, Contemporary: Art Gallery of New South Wales Contemporary Collection, 'Collecting contemporary art at AGNSW', pg.424-441, Sydney, 2006, 425.
Renee Free, Art and Australia, 'European Collection', p63-75, Sydney, Jul 1972, 71 (colour illus.).
Robert Hobbs, Milton Avery: the late paintings, 'Clement Greenberg and Milton Avery', pg.10-58, New York, 2001, 15, 16 (illus.). fig. 6
Waldo Rasmussen, Two decades of American painting, Melbourne, 1967.
Editor Unknown (Editor), Bulletin, Sydney, 09 Sep 1967, 40.