oil on hardboard
30.5 x 54.5 cm board; 46.3 x 69.5 x 8.5 cm frame
Signature & date
Signed l.r. corner, blue oil "JP".
Signed and dated c. verso on board, pen and black ink ".../ John Passmore/ 1953 ..".
Signed c. verso on board, pen and black ink "John Passmore/ .../ ...".
Bequest of Carlyle Greenwell 1961
Not on display
© John Passmore Museum of Art
Shown in 4 exhibitions
Australian Contemporary Painting (1955):
- National Gallery of Victoria [Swanston Street], Melbourne 16 Mar 1955–27 Apr 1955
- National Gallery of South Australia, Adelaide 1955 -
- National Art Gallery, Brisbane 1955 -
- Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery, Hobart 1955 -
- Art Gallery of Western Australia, Perth 1955 -
- National Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney 11 May 1955–29 May 1955
Purchases and Acquisitions for 1961, Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, 04 Apr 1962–25 May 1962
John Passmore Retrospective (1984-1985):
Australian icons: twenty artists from the collection, Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, 04 Aug 2000–03 Dec 2000
Referenced in 4 publications
Paula Dredge, Margaret Sawicki, Steven Miller and Lindsay Parker, S.A. Parker Framing Works, 'Works in the collection with known Parker frames', pg. 27-68, Sydney, 2004, 63 (illus.).
Sir Daryl Lindsay, Contemporary Australian paintings, Melbourne, 1955. cat.no. 3; Lent by the National Art Gallery of New South Wales
Barry Pearce, John Passmore 1904-84, Sydney, 1984, 61 (colour illus.). cat.no. 34
David Thomas, Society of Artists Spring Exhibition, 'Works from the Wesfarmers collection of Australian art part 1: lots 1-23’, pg. 24-25, Sydney, 1912, 24.