(England 1750– )
16.3 x 11.7 cm diam
This vase and another in the collection (L2012.115) would originally have had covers and would have formed part of a garniture of three vases. The ‘frill vase’ form originated at Bow and was also introduced at Worcester in the late 1760s.
Richard Beresford (England; Australia) (Author), Eighteenth - Century European Porcelain in the Kenneth Reed collection, Sydney, 2012, 71 (colour illus.). cat.no. 83