We invite you to the Members Screening Room, a free and exclusive benefit available to current Members of the Art Gallery of NSW. Watch a range of handpicked arts documentaries throughout the year online from the comfort of your home.
Trimpin: the sound of invention
2011, 77 mins
This documentary is an amusing exploration of the sonic world of an eccentric creative genius. Artist/inventor/engineer/composer Trimpin shuns the hype and hyperbole of the commercial art world – yet his freewheeling sculptures and outrageous musical experiments are cherished by museums all over the planet.
Filmed over two years, this documentary feature follows the artist/inventor as he designs a 60-foot tower of more than 500 automatic electric guitars; builds an ensemble of huge marimbas that converts real-time earthquake data into music; and collaborates with the Kronos Quartet on an outrageous world premiere featuring toy instruments. Trimpin: The sound of invention will delight anyone interested in the mysteries, pitfalls, and sheer joy of creative experiment.
This documentary is available to view from 16 June, 5pm to 31 August, 5pm. A secure login and password will be emailed to ticket holders upon booking.
Book your ticket now for instant access.
Members Screening Room Trimpin: the sound of invention
Bookings: Thursday 16 June, 5pm – Monday 29 August 2022, 9am
Duration 1 hour, 17 minutes
Free for Art Gallery members only
Bookings and enquiries: 02 9225 1878
How to access this film
- Book your free Members Screening Room ticket to receive login details
- Open the following website https://artfilms-digital.com/login
- Enter the guest account name and password (these will be emailed to you at the time of booking)
- Click on the green box on the left marked 'Subscription' (if using a mobile phone, you will need to press the red 'Categories' button first)
- The documentaries will appear for you to watch
- If you have issues accessing the films, contact email@example.com
If purchasing tickets on behalf of other attendees, the ticket purchaser is responsible for communicating all correspondence from the Art Gallery Society of NSW to those attendees.