The pavilion housing this gallery is a floating white glass-and-steel cube, pivoted with stainless-steel lotus flowers. Cantilevered on top of the original Asian gallery, it glows softly at night like a paper lantern over Sydney Harbour.
In the past, this space has also housed the Edward and Goldie Sternberg Gallery of Southeast Asian Art.
Currently on show in Upper Asian gallery
Passion and procession
art of the Philippines
until 7 Feb 2018
See also the Asian galleries
From the front entrance, ground level
- Head towards the rear of the Gallery
- Take the ramp (on your right) up to the Asian gallery
From the rear entrance, lower level 1
- Take the lift (on your left) up one level, to G
- Turn right into the entrance court and head towards the front of the Gallery
- Take the ramp (on your left) up to the Asian gallery