Leave a gift in your will
A bequest to the Gallery is a generous way for you to make a lasting contribution for the benefit of future generations.
Please consider making a commitment to the future of this Gallery by including a gift in your Will.
Bequests to the Gallery strengthen our collections, expand our programs and will be a lasting tribute to the generosity and vision of our loyal supporters.
An unrestricted bequest is always the most helpful, however if you are considering restricting your legacy to a particular area or are considering leaving a specific work of art for our collection, we would welcome the opportunity to discuss your plans before you commit them to a Will, to ensure we can meet your wishes.
Directing your bequest
Your bequest can be directed to:
- the Gallery generally – by a gift to the Art Gallery of NSW Trust ABN 24 934 492 575
- acquisitions of major works of art – by a gift to the Art Gallery of NSW Foundation – to its Artworks Acquisition Fund ABN 40 841 451 911. This is a capital fund where the income only is used to acquire major art works. More information
- specific curatorial areas – for example to fund an acquisition for one of the specific collections such as Australian art, Asian art, Aboriginal art, International contemporary art – by a gift to the Art Gallery of NSW Trust ABN 24 934 492 575
- specific resource departments – for example to the Conservation department, Learning & participation department or the Research Library and Archive – by a gift to the Art Gallery of NSW Trust ABN 24 934 492 575
We’d like to thank you
Bequests are managed by the Foundation office and once you notify us of your pledged bequest you will be invited to join the Gallery’s Bequest Club and attend its annual functions.
If your pledged bequest is $100,000 or more, following official notification you will be invited to become an honorary patron of the Foundation with the following privileges:
Foundation patrons are eligible:
- to have your name listed on the Foundation honour board
- to receive invitations to official openings and private viewings of major exhibitions, with a talk by the exhibition curator, the Gallery’s director or another leading art expert
- to receive the Foundation’s printed and e- newsletters
The Foundation is the Gallery’s major acquisition fund and the umbrella organisation for all Gallery benefactor groups and funds. Read more
For more information
Head of philanthropy
Tel 02 9225 1818
Philanthropy and development manager
Tel 02 9225 1746