Painting the Nude in Oils
written by Adele Wagstaff
Crowood Press | ISBN 9781847979056
Paperback – 144 pages
Member’s price: $45.00
Usually ships within 2–11 business days.
The nude has inspired artists for centuries and continues to inspire us today. Alongside a historical study of the nude in painting, this book introduces oil paint and gives advice on techniques when using this challenging and rewarding medium. Capturing the beauty of form and the delicate colours of the figure, it celebrates the powerful images that examine human relationships, personality and psychology.
Topics covered include:
• A review of the importance and contribution of the nude in painting
• Instruction on materials, the colour palette and stretching your own canvas
• Advice on the practicalities of working with a model in the studio
• Colour-mixing exercises to explore colour relationships and temperature
• Step-by-step examples that demonstrate the progression of a painting