View of Amsterdam
Win a trip to Amsterdam
Visitors to the exhibition Rembrandt and the Dutch golden age: masterpieces from the Rijksmuseum have a chance to win a trip for two to Amsterdam.
- premium economy flights to Amsterdam return from Sydney, flying Singapore Airlines
- four nights accommodation at the Sofitel Legend the Grand Amsterdam
- a guided tour of the Rijksmuseum plus a dining package at the Rijks restaurant
To enter, visitors simply complete the form on one of the computers located in the Gallery cafe. (Entry not available online.)
The competition opens on Friday 10 November 2017, 5pm and closes Sunday 18 February 2018, 5pm.
Terms and conditions
1. Information on how to enter form part of the terms and conditions of entry. Participants may enter by entering their details into the computer terminals located within the Gallery before or after visiting the Rembrandt and the Dutch golden age: masterpieces from the Rijksmuseum exhibition. Eligible participants will be required to provide their name and email address to complete their entry. Illegible, incomplete or incomprehensible entries will be ineligible.
2. The promoter is the Art Gallery of New South Wales, ABN 24 934 492 575, Art Gallery Rd, The Domain NSW 2000, ph (02) 9225 1700.
3. Entry is open to all permanent residents of Australia. Limit one entry per person.
4. The promotion opens at 5pm AEDT on Friday 10 November 2017 and ends at 5pm AEDT on Sunday 18 February 2018.
5. The draw for the winner will take place on Tuesday 20 February 2018 at 3pm AEDT at the Art Gallery of New South Wales. If the winner is under the age of 18 years the prize will be awarded to their parent or legal guardian.
6. Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Prizes cannot be transferred. Non-cash prizes cannot be redeemed for cash.
7. The promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity and proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the promoter.
8. The promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of the prize, if the promoter determines, in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
9. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the control of the promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
10. Employees and their immediate families of the Art Gallery of New South Wales and their agencies and companies associated with the promotion are ineligible to enter the competition.
11. The promoter shall endeavour to contact the winner via email within two weeks of the prize draw. In the event that the winner cannot be contacted after four weeks, an alternate winner will be drawn. The unclaimed prize draw will take place on Tuesday 20 March 2018 at 3pm AEDT at the Art Gallery of New South Wales.
12. It is a condition of entry that winners agree to the publication of their name and state on the site www.artgallery.nsw.gov.au which will occur on Friday 2 March 2018.
13. The promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
14. Prize is as follows:
- Singapore Airlines two premium economy flights to Amsterdam, return from Sydney
- four nights accommodation staying with Hotel Sofitel Legend the Grand Amsterdam in a Superior Room, including complimentary access to the swimming pool, sauna and steam bath of our SoSPA, and breakfast for two in their Restaurant Bridges
- guided highlights tour of the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam, with a AUD $200 dining voucher for the Rijks restaurant
Total prize is valued at AUD $10,000
The following terms and conditions apply only to the air component of the prize package. Other terms and conditions will apply to the conduct of the competition and other parts of the prize package.
a) Travel must be on Singapore Airlines operated services only.
b) The tickets are for travel in premium economy class and strictly non-upgradeable.
c) The tickets must be used in conjunction with one another ie the two tickets that make up this prize cannot be used individually.
d) The tickets must be issued prior to 1 November 2018 and all travel must be completed on or before 30 November 2018. Changes are not permitted after ticketing.
e) Travel is not permitted during peak travel times, eg school holidays, Easter and other blackout periods may apply.
f) Availability is limited and your preferred date/flights may not be available. You will need to be flexible with travel dates/flights.
g) The ticket is only valid for a maximum stay of 35 days, any unused portion of the ticket after the expiry date shall be deemed null and void.
h) Tickets are non-transferable, non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
i) No Frequent Flyer miles will be accrued as part of this prize and is not applicable for redemption upgrade.
j) Booking requests are to be made at least six weeks prior to desired outbound departure date.
k) The recipient is responsible for all travel costs to and from the point of departure, all meals, beverages, accommodation, extra activities, spending money, travel insurance, passports, visas, airport transfers, freight, excess baggage, all other ancillary costs and compliance with any health or other government requirements or any other incurred expenses.
Hotel Sofitel Legend the Grand Amsterdam
a) Prize includes four nights accommodation in a superior room at the Hotel Sofitel Legend the Grand Amsterdam, including complimentary access to the swimming pool, sauna and steam bath of our SoSPA, and breakfast for two in their Restaurant Bridges.
b) Valid for stays until 30 September 2018.
c) The reservation is for two people and based on availability. Reservations are essential.
d) Prize vouchers must be presented upon arrival at each hotel and can not be redeemed for cash. Any incidentals such as room service, mini bar and telephone calls are not included and should be settled by the prize winner upon departure.
e) Not valid for use with any promotional or discounted rates that the hotel may offer.
15. The winner (and their companion) are responsible for all other expenses including spending money, meals (unless specified), drinks, transfers (unless specified), laundry charges, activities (unless specified), incidentals, energy surcharges, gratuities, services charges, passports, visas, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs. Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
16. Prize is subject to availability and some blockout periods apply. Travel must be completed by 30 September 2018. The promoter requires a minimum of six weeks notice prior to travel date to book the prize. The winner will be responsible for covering their own travel expenses to and within Sydney, or any additional travel components not specified within the prize package. Any extension or variation of the travel dates nominated by the promoter will be at the cost and responsibility of the winner. No changes allowed once the prize has been booked.
17. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
18. The Promoter collects personal information (‘PI’) in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such PI to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this PI. The promoter will also use and handle personal data collected from entrants (‘PI’) as set out in its applicable privacy statement, which can be viewed at artgallery.nsw.gov.au/privacy. In addition to any use that may be outlined in the promoter’s privacy statement, the promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Collective, non-personal data may also be used for the purpose of market research or in facilitating reviews, developments and improvements to relevant services. Entrants should direct any request to opt out, access, update or correct information to the promoter.
19. Authorised under NSW Permit No LTPS/17/18997