The Rembrandt tart. Photo: Kevin Best
The Rembrandt tart Instagram competition
The masters of tart meet the masters of art
This summer, Bourke Street Bakery teams up with the Art Gallery of NSW to create a modern homage to the Dutch golden age. A special creation inspired by the spice trade of the period, the Rembrandt tart decadently combines spiced custard and crumbled macaroon.
It’s a feast for the senses in celebration of the exhibition Rembrandt and the Dutch golden age: masterpieces from the Rijksmuseum. Discover a time of unparalleled wealth, power and cultural confidence, when the art of painting flourished like never before. Featuring outstanding works from the great Dutch painters such as Rembrandt and Vermeer, this sumptuous exhibition is in Sydney for a limited time only.
The Rembrandt tart is available exclusively at Bourke Street Bakery for the duration of the exhibition: 11 November 2017 – 18 February 2018.
Enter the competition
Snap a creative photo of The Rembrandt tart and you could win a double pass to the exhibition! To be in the running, post your picture to Instagram and tag #RembrandtAGNSW @artgalleryofnsw and @bourkestreetbakery
Competition opens Monday 20 November. Full details below.
Terms and conditions
Entry is open to all permanent residents of Australia. Employees and their immediate families of the Art Gallery of NSW and their agencies and companies associated with the promotion are ineligible to enter the competition.
The competition commences at 00:01 (AEDT) on Monday 20 November 2017 and closes at 23:59 (AEDT) on Sunday 11 February 2018.
How to enter:
- Upload a photo of ‘The Rembrandt’ tart to Instagram and tag #RembrandtAGNSW @artgalleryofnsw and @bourkestreetbakery in the comments.
- You may enter as many times as you wish, providing each entry is unique and an original photo.
- Only publicly viewable photos submitted via Instagram with the appropriate tags will be accepted.
- A double pass to the exhibition Rembrandt and the Dutch golden age: masterpieces from the Rijksmuseum (valued at $48 each) will be awarded to winners.
- One weekly winner will be notified via Instagram with a comment from @artgalleryofnsw on their winning image.
- Prizes must be claimed by 14 February 2018.
- Prizes will be posted to winners’ nominated address and are not transferrable or exchangeable for cash.
- This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners.
- Entries will be judged by Art Gallery of NSW Marketing based on their originality, creativity and relevance to the theme in question.
- The judges may select additional reserve entries which they determine to be the next best, in order, in case of an invalid entry or unclaimed prize.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Competition entries and winners’ Instagram account names may be shared by Art Gallery of NSW for the purpose of conducting the competition and in promotional formats such as the Art Gallery of NSW website, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram page.