Ron Mueck Wild man 2005 (detail). ARTIST ROOMS, acquired jointly with the National Galleries of Scotland through the d’Offay Donation with assistance from the National Heritage Memorial Fund and the Art Fund 2008 © Ron Mueck
Find Sydney’s Wild Man
As Nude: art from the Tate collection nears its final days, the Art Gallery of NSW is looking to crown one particularly bearded and rugged fellow to claim the title of Sydney’s Wild Man, an homage to Ron Mueck’s Wild man sculpture that has left Sydney awestruck, which we are soon farewelling.
If you feel that you have a strong likeness to Wild man, share a photo of yourself on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using #SydneysWildMan and @artgalleryofnsw for your chance to win a prize pack including: a haircut, beard grooming and a stiff drink at The Barber Shop, Sydney; a Ron Mueck hardcover book; The Barber Shop’s Enright’s original gin hand soap; four postcards featuring artworks from the Nude exhibition; and one Nude body soap.
Terms and conditions
1. Information on how to enter form part of the terms and conditions of entry. Participants may enter by posting a photo of themselves on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #SydneysWildMan and tagging @artgalleryofnsw.
2. The promoter is the Art Gallery of New South Wales, ABN 24 934 492 575, Art Gallery Rd, The Domain NSW 2000, ph (02) 9225 1700.
3. The promotion opens at 1pm AEST Thursday 19 January 2017 and ends at Friday 3 February 2017 at 2pm AEST.
4. The winner will be selected on Friday 3 February 2017 at 3pm AEST at the Art Gallery of New South Wales. If the winner is under the age of 18 years the prize will be awarded to their parent or legal guardian.
5. Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Prizes cannot be transferred and cannot be redeemed for cash.
6. The promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity and proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the promoter.
7. The promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of the prize, if the promoter determines, in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
8. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the control of the promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
9. Employees and their immediate families of the Art Gallery of New South Wales and their agencies and companies associated with the promotion are ineligible to enter the competition.
10. The promoter shall endeavour to contact the winner via social media and email (if available) within two days of competition closing. In the event that the winner cannot be contacted after one week, an alternate winner will be selected. The unclaimed prize selection will take place Friday 10 February at 2pm AEST at the Art Gallery of New South Wales.
11. The promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
12. The prize is as follows:
- ‘The Balvenie Beard Experience Gift Package’ at The Barber Shop, located on York Street and at Barangaroo, Sydney. This package includes a haircut, beard styling and a Balvenie cocktail
- The Barber Shop’s Enright’s original gin hand soap
- 1 x hardback book Ron Mueck written by Justin Paton and Robert Storr, showcasing the artist’s sculptures over 20 years of work
- 4 x postcards featuring artworks from the Nude: art from the Tate collection exhibition
- 1 x Nude: art from the Tate collection body soap
Total prize is valued at $165.
13. The winner is responsible for all other expenses including transport and additional products and services.
14. Prize is subject to availability and valid for 12 months from the date of issue.
15. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
16. By entering the competition, the entrant accepts that if they are selected as the competition winner, their entry photo may be shared on the Art Gallery of New South Wales’ social media pages and website.