View of St Basil’s Cathedral, Moscow
Win a holiday for two
Visitors to the exhibition Masters of modern art from the Hermitage had a chance to win a holiday for two.
Congratulations to Nicci Gilmour
Nicci has won a prize package, valued at $31,800, which includes:
- return flights for two from Sydney to Moscow on the world’s most awarded airline, Singapore Airlines
- all-inclusive 15-day cruise for two, from St Petersburg to Moscow with Scenic Luxury Cruises & Tours, departing 18 August 2019. This includes a visit to the iconic Hermitage museum.
- internal flights from Moscow to St Petersburg
- one night accommodation at the SO Sofitel St Petersburg
To enter, visitors simply completed the form on one of the computers at the exit of the exhibition. (Entry not available online.)
The competition opened on Friday 12 October 2018, 5pm and closed Sunday 3 March 2019, 5pm. Terms and conditions apply.
Terms and conditions
1. Information on how to enter form part of the terms and conditions of entry. Participants may enter by entering their details into the computer terminals located within the Gallery before or after visiting the Masters of modern art from the Hermitage exhibition. Eligible participants will be required to provide their name and email address to complete their entry. Illegible, incomplete or incomprehensible entries will be ineligible.
2. The promoter is the Art Gallery of New South Wales, ABN 24 934 492 575, Art Gallery Rd, The Domain NSW 2000, ph (02) 9225 1700.
3. Entry is open to all permanent residents of Australia. Limit one entry per person.
4. The promotion opens at 5pm AEDT on Friday 12 October 2019 and ends at 5pm AEDT on Sunday 3 March 2019.
5. The draw for the winner will take place on Tuesday 5 March 2019 at 10am AEDT at the Art Gallery of New South Wales. If the winner is under the age of 18 years the prize will be awarded to their parent or legal guardian.
6. Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Prizes cannot be transferred. Non-cash prizes cannot be redeemed for cash.
7. The promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity and proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the promoter.
8. The promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of the prize, if the promoter determines, in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
9. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the control of the promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
10. Employees and their immediate families of the Art Gallery of New South Wales and their agencies and companies associated with the promotion are ineligible to enter the competition.
11. The promoter shall endeavour to contact the winner via email within two weeks of the prize draw. In the event that the winner cannot be contacted after four weeks, an alternate winner will be drawn. The unclaimed prize draw will take place on Tuesday 2 April 2019 at 3pm AEDT at the Art Gallery of New South Wales.
12. It is a condition of entry that winners agree to the publication of their name and state on the site artgallery.nsw.gov.au which will occur on Friday 15 March 2019.
13. The promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
14. Prize is as follows:
- Return economy flights for two, from Sydney to Moscow flying Singapore Airlines.
- Internal flights from Moscow and St Petersburg.
- One (1) night accommodation at the SO Sofitel St Petersburg, prior to the cruise.
- An all-inclusive 15-day cruise for two, from St Petersburg to Moscow with Scenic Luxury Cruises & Tours, departing 18 August 2019. This includes a visit to the iconic Hermitage museum.
Total prize is valued at AUD $31,800.
15. The Prize is non-transferable nor redeemable for cash.
16. The booking must be made within 30 days of the prize being awarded.
17. Travel must be completed by 30 September 2019.
The following Terms and Conditions apply only to the air component of the prize package, valued at AUD $3,200.
a) Travel must be on Singapore Airlines operated services only from Sydney to Moscow. Art Gallery NSW to arrange internal flights to and from Moscow and St Petersburg.
b) The tickets are for travel in Economy Class and are non-upgradeable, non-transferable, non-exchangeable for cash in part or in full, and may not be sold to any third party.
c) The Tickets must be used in conjunction with one another i.e the two tickets that make up this prize cannot be used individually.
d) The tickets must be issued within 30 days of the prize being awarded. All travel must be completed by 30 September 2019. Changes are not permitted after ticketing.
e) The recipient is responsible for all travel costs relating to government taxes and airport charges.
f) The ticket is only valid for a maximum stay of thirty-five (35) days, any unused portion of the ticket after the expiry date shall be deemed null and void.
g) Travel is not permitted during peak travel times, e.g. Christmas, School Holidays, Easter and other blackout periods may apply. Travel will be subjected to seat availability and travel embargoes. The recipient will need to be flexible with their travel dates/flights.
h) No changes or cancellations are allowed. An airport no-show will result in the ticket being forfeited.
i) The tickets must be booked through the Singapore Airlines Sydney office by Friday 5 April. Changes are not permitted after ticketing.
j) No Frequent Flyer miles will be accrued as part of this prize and is not applicable for redemption upgrade.
k) The recipient is responsible for all travel costs to and from the point of departure, all meals, beverages, accommodation, extra activities, spending money, travel insurance, passports, visas, airport transfers, freight, excess baggage, all other ancillary costs and compliance with any health or other government requirements or any other incurred expenses.
Internal flight from Moscow to St Petersburg
The following Terms and Conditions apply only to the internal flight component of the prize package, valued at AUD $1,000.
l) Once the international flights are confirmed, the Art Gallery of NSW will arrange internal flights with a domestic carrier from Moscow to St Petersburg.
m) Checked luggage will be included if required.
n) An airport no-show will result in the ticket being forfeited.
The following Terms and Conditions apply only to the accommodation part of the prize, valued at AUD $600.
o) Prize includes one (1) night accommodation at the SO Sofitel St Petersburg on the night prior to the Jewels of Russia’ cruise. Check in: 17 August, check out: 18 August 2019.
p) The reservation is for two (2) people.
q) Any incidentals such as room service, mini bar and telephone calls are not included and should be settled by the prize winner upon departure.
r) Not valid for use with any promotional or discounted rates that the hotel may offer.
Scenic Luxury Cruises & Tours
The following Terms and Conditions apply only to the ‘Jewels of Russia’ cruise component of the prize package, valued at $26,980.
s) The ‘Jewels of Russia’ 15-Day Cruise for two travels from St. Petersburg to Moscow and departs 18 August 2019. See the following link for more information on the itinerary: scenic.com.au/tour/jewels-of-russia/7882
t) Travel insurance, visas, items of a personal nature, meals (other than featured in the itinerary), laundry, telephone calls, additional nights or upgrades are not included in the Prize.
u) The Prize is valid for two adults and is limited to availability on 18 August 2019 departure of Jewels of Russia in a category BA cabin.
v) The booking must be made within 30 days of the prize being awarded.
w) Prize is subject to availability at time of booking and can only be taken on dates already scheduled for this tour.
x) The Prize includes all meals as specified in the tour.
y) Taking the prize is subject to any prevailing terms and conditions of Scenic. See scenic.com.au/terms for details.
z) Prize is not eligible for the Scenic loyalty program, Scenic Club. Prize value correct as of 17 August 2018.
18. The winner (and their companion) are responsible for all other expenses including spending money, meals (unless specified), drinks, transfers (unless specified), laundry charges, activities (unless specified), incidentals, energy surcharges, gratuities, services charges, passports, visas, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs. Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
19. Prize is subject to availability. Please note some blackout periods apply. The winner will be responsible for covering their own travel expenses to and within Sydney, or any additional travel components not specified within the prize package. Any extension or variation of the travel dates nominated by the Promoter will be at the cost and responsibility of the winner. No changes allowed once the prize has been booked.
20. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
21. The Promoter collects personal information (‘PI’) in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such PI to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this PI. The promoter will also use and handle personal data collected from entrants (‘PI’) as set out in its applicable privacy statement, which can be viewed at artgallery.nsw.gov.au/privacy. In addition to any use that may be outlined in the promoter’s privacy statement, the promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Collective, non-personal data may also be used for the purpose of market research or in facilitating reviews, developments and improvements to relevant services. Entrants should direct any request to opt out, access, update or correct information to the promoter.
22. Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/18/28209