Win a trip to LA
Congratulations to the prizewinner, Lesley Burgess from NSW
Visitors to the exhibition America: painting a nation had the chance to win a trip for two to Los Angeles.
The prize package, valued at $8000, includes:
- Return economy flights to Los Angeles flying Qantas Airlines
- Luxury accommodation at the Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills
- Guided tour of the Los Angeles County Museum of Art
- $1000 shopping spree courtesy of Westfield
- Travel insurance provided by AIG
To enter, visitors completed the form on one of the computers located at the end of the exhibition. (Entry was not available online.)
The competition opened 6pm, 7 November 2013 and closed 5pm, 9 February 2014. Terms and conditions apply.
Terms and conditions
1. Information on how to enter form part of the terms and conditions of entry. Participants may enter by entering their details onto computer terminals at the exit of the America: painting a nation exhibition. Eligible participants will be required to provide their name and contact details to complete their entry. Illegible, incomplete or incomprehensible entries will be ineligible.
2. The promoter is the Art Gallery of New South Wales, ABN 24 934 492 575, Art Gallery Rd, The Domain NSW 2000, ph (02) 9225 1700.
3. Entry is open to all permanent residents of Australia. Limit one entry per person.
4. The promotion opens at 6pm AEST on Thursday 7 November 2013 and ends at 5pm AEST on Sunday 9 February 2014.
5. The draw for the winner will take place on Tuesday 11 February 2014 at 3pm AEST at the Art Gallery of New South Wales. If the winner is under the age of 18 years the prize will be awarded to their parent or legal guardian.
6. Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Prizes cannot be transferred. Non cash prizes cannot be redeemed for cash.
7. The promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity and proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the promoter.
8. The promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of the prize, if the promoter determines, in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
9. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the control of the promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
10. Employees and their immediate families of the Art Gallery of New South Wales and their agencies and companies associated with the promotion are ineligible to enter the competition.
11. The promoter shall endeavour to contact the winner via email within 2 weeks of the prize draw. In the event that the winner cannot be contacted after three months, an alternate winner will be drawn. The unclaimed prize draw will take place on Tuesday 6 May 2014 at 3pm AEST at the Art Gallery of New South Wales.
12. It is a condition of entry that winners agree to the publication of their name and state on the site www.artgallery.nsw.gov.au which will occur on 21 February 2014.
13. The promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
14. Prize is as follows:
- return economy flights for two to Los Angeles flying Qantas Airlines departing Sydney only
- four nights accommodation at the Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills
- guided tour of the Los Angeles County Museum of Art
- $1000 USD shopping spree courtesy of Westfield
- Travel insurance provided by AIG
Total prize is valued at $8000.
The following terms and conditions apply only to the air component of the prize package. Other terms and conditions will apply to the conduct of the competition and other parts of the prize package.
- Travel must be on Qantas Airlines services only, and is on an economy class basis. Availability of S class or below must be available at time of booking.
- Bookings must be made 60 days prior to departure.
- Booking is subject to availability.
- Ticket is non-transferable, non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
- Passengers must travel together on all sectors, prizes are not upgradeable.
- Travel must be completed by 11 February 2015. Qantas will not authorise extensions, and all travel must be completed by this date.
- Travel must be between identified cities and via the normal routing (as identified by the Qantas booking agent), stopovers are not permitted.
- Frequent Flyer points cannot be accrued on a ticket purchased with a travel certificate.
- All taxes (including any GST component and departure taxes) and airport charges in respect of tickets purchased with this travel certificate are included in the prize.
- No additional or ancillary costs (eg accommodation, transfers, travel insurance, spending money) are included.
- Prize winner and travelling companion are responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents (eg passport, visa) and complying with all health or other governmental regulations.
- By entering the competition and opting in to receiving further information entrants are also subscribing to the promotion database of Qantas Airlines.
Sofitel Luxury Hotels
- Valid for stays between 11 February 2014 – 11 February 2015. Reservations are essential and subject to availability. Prize vouchers must be presented upon arrival at each hotel and can not be redeemed for cash. Any incidentals such as room service, mini bar and telephone calls are not included and should be settled by the prize winner upon departure.
- By entering the competition and opting in to receiving further information entrants are also subscribing to the promotion database of Sofitel Luxury Hotels.
- The winner of the competition will be provided with up to 21 days of Platinum Travel Insurance for 2 adults, provided by AIG Australia Limited (AIG) ABN 93 004 727 753, AFSL 381686, valued at $542.
- To be eligible for the Travel Insurance the winner must be an Australian resident, over 18 years of age.
- The winner must provide details of the travellers to AIG to be able to issue the insurance, including Name, Date of Birth, Address, Email, Phone Number and dates of travel.
- If the winner has a pre-existing medical condition, the travel insurance will be subject to assessment by Travel Guard.
- AIG Travel Insurance may have terms, conditions and exclusions that would affect the coverage of the winner. The winner must review the Product Disclosure Statement at www.aigtravel.com.au to determine if this insurance is right for them, prior to departing on the trip.
- The Travel Insurance is not transferable or exchangeable and is not redeemable for cash. It must be taken as part of the prize for the competition ‘Win a trip to LA’.
15. Prize is subject to availability and some blockout periods apply. Travel must be completed by 11 February 2015. The promoter requires a minimum of 6 weeks notice prior to travel date to book the prize. The winner will be responsible for covering their own travel expenses to and within Sydney. No changes allowed once the prize has been booked.
16. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
17. Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/13/07874