synthetic polymer paint on canvas
248.3 x 358.1 cm stretcher; 252.0 x 362.0 x 6.8 cm frame
Purchased under the terms of the Florence Turner Blake Bequest 1967
Not on display
© Morris Louis
Shown in 2 exhibitions
Two decades of American painting:
- National Museum of Western Art, Tokyo, Japan 15 Oct 1966–27 Nov 1966
- The National Museum of Modern Art, Kyoto, Kyoto 10 Dec 1966–22 Jan 1967
- Lalit Kala Gallery, India 28 Mar 1967–30 Apr 1967
- National Gallery of Victoria [Swanston Street], Melbourne 06 Jun 1967–09 Jul 1967
- Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney 26 Jul 1967–20 Aug 1967
Abstract Expressionism, National Gallery of Australia, Parkes, 13 Jul 2012–25 Feb 2013
Referenced in 6 publications
Tony Bond and Wayne Tunnicliffe, Contemporary: Art Gallery of New South Wales Contemporary Collection, 'Collecting contemporary art at AGNSW', pg.424-441, Sydney, 2006, 425.
Renee Free, Art and Australia, 'European Collection', p63-75, Sydney, Jul 1972, 71 (colour illus.).
Art Gallery of New South Wales picturebook, Sydney, 1972, 63 (colour illus.).
Bulletin, Sydney, 09 Sep 1967, 40.
Two decades of American painting, Melbourne, 1967.
Milton Avery: the late paintings, 'Clement Greenberg and Milton Avery', pg.10-58, New York, 2001, 15, 16 (illus.). fig. 6