- Media category
- Materials used
- oil on canvas
- 76.0 x 102.0 cm stretcher; 87.5 x 112.7 x 8.0 cm frame
- Signature & date
Signed l.l. corner, black oil "Fullbrook". Not dated.
- Purchased 1964
- Not on display
- Accession number
- © Art Gallery of New South Wales
- Wynne Prize
- Winner - 1963
- Artist information
Works in the collection
This painting won the Wynne Prize in 1963 and was acquired by the Gallery in 1964.
Shown in 5 exhibitions
Archibald, Wynne & Sulman 1963, Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, 18 Jan 1964–16 Feb 1964
Selected entries from the Archibald, Wynne and Sulman competitions (1964), National Gallery of South Australia, Adelaide, 07 Mar 1964–21 Mar 1964
The Wynne prize: an Australian landscape tradition (1987):
- S.H. Ervin Gallery, The Rocks 19 Dec 1986–01 Feb 1987
- Lake Macquarie City Art Gallery, Booragul 06 Mar 1987–29 Mar 1987
- Orange Regional Gallery, Orange 10 Apr 1987–17 May 1987
- Griffith Regional Art Gallery, 03 Jun 1987–20 Jun 1987
- Wagga Wagga Art Gallery, Australia 01 Jul 1987–26 Jul 1987
- Albury Regional Gallery, Albury 07 Aug 1987–06 Sep 1987
- Broken Hill City Art Gallery, Broken Hill 18 Sep 1987–26 Oct 1987
- Tamworth City Gallery, Tamworth 05 Nov 1987–13 Dec 1987
Sam Fullbrook Retrospective Exhibition, National Gallery of Victoria [St Kilda Road], Melbourne, 07 Jun 1995–24 Jul 1995
Referenced in 9 publications
Helen Campbell, Wynne centenary 1897-1997: a selection of past winners from the Gallery's collection, Sydney, 1997. not paginated
Edmund Capon AM, OBE (Director), Barry Pearce (Curator) and Dinah Dysart (Curator), The Wynne prize: an Australian landscape tradition, Sydney, 1986, 29.
Dennis Colsey and Hal Missingham, One hundred years of Australian landscape painting: Art Gallery of New South Wales Travelling Art Exhibition 1968, Sydney, 1968, 30 (illus.). cat.no. 40
Felicity St John Moore, Sam Fullbrook: racing colours, South Yarra, 1995, 29 (illus.). cat.no. 29
Author Unknown, The Adelaide Festival of Arts 1964: Souvenir Catalogue of special exhibitions at the National Gallery of South Australia, 'Selected entries from the Archibald, Wynne and Sulman Competitions', Adelaide, 1964. cat. no. 16
Editor Unknown (Editor), The Sydney Morning Herald, Sydney, 18 Jan 1964.
Unknown (Editor), Sun-Herald, Sydney, 19 Jan 1964.
Unknown (Editor), Sunday telegraph, Sydney, 19 Jan 1964.
Unknown (Editor), Sun-Herald, Sydney, 17 Jan 1964.