- Media category
- Materials used
- collage: pencil, fabric, twine, staples, photograph, crayon, charcoal, pastel, Perspex box
- 71.5 x 56.0 cm board; 72.3 x 56.5 x 5.3 cm perspex box
- John Kaldor Family Collection
- Not on display
- Accession number
- © Christo
- Artist information
Works in the collection
This collage shows the concept for one of Christo and Jeanne-Claude’s unrealised projects. ‘Wrapped Island, Project for South Pacific Ocean’ was conceived during their visit to Sydney for ‘Wrapped Coast’. All of Christo and Jeanne-Claude’s unrealised projects failed because permission was denied.
Shown in 3 exhibitions
Christo. John Kaldor Art Project, 1990:
John Kaldor Family Collection Artist Rooms #1 - Christo:
- Gosford Regional Gallery & Arts Centre, Gosford 01 Feb 2013–01 Apr 2013
- Glasshouse Regional Gallery, New South Wales 04 Jul 2013–25 Aug 2013
- Lake Macquarie City Art Gallery, Booragul 13 Sep 2013–01 Dec 2013
- Casula Powerhouse Arts Centre & Liverpool Regional Museum, Casula 09 Dec 2013–26 Jan 2014
Referenced in 4 publications
Sophie Forbat, John Kaldor family collection: Art Gallery of New South Wales, 'Christo', pg.62-77, Sydney, 2011, 65, 72 (colour illus.).
Wayne Tunnicliffe, Look, 'Kaldor and contemporary', pg.26-29, Sydney, Apr 2011, 28 (colour illus.).
Anthony Bond OAM (Curator), Landmarks, Katoomba, 2017, 9 (colour illus.), 20.
Nicholas Baume (Editor), Christo. John Kaldor Art Project, 1990, Sydney, 1990, 138 (colour illus.). cat.no.82
Other works by Christo
See more works