This cup shape, introduced in 1753, was named after one of the factory’s early shareholders, Antoine-Augustin Bouillard. The form of decoration, which is also found on other cup shapes, is probably based on a fabric design.
cup 6.1 x 9.3 x 7.0 cm; saucer 3.2 x 13.4 cm diam :
a - cup, 6.1 x 9.3 x 7 cm
b - saucer, 3.2 x 13.4 cm
On loan from Kenneth Reed
Referenced in 1 publication
Richard Beresford, Eighteenth - Century European Porcelain in the Kenneth Reed collection, Sydney, 2012, 100 (colour illus.). cat.no. 127