- Place where the work was made
- Tang dynasty 618 - 907 → China
- Media category
- Materials used
- earthenware with green glaze
- 9.3 cm diam. of mouth; 9.6 x 10.0 cm
- Signature & date
Not signed. Not dated.
- Gift of Mr Sydney Cooper 1962
- Not on display
- Accession number
The sides of this jar are ornamented with horizontally grooved lines and the vessel is supported on three small shaped feet. This may well be a ceramic model of an incense-jar in bronze or other metal. Other examples are known with lids.
Jackie Menzies, 'Early Chinese Art', AGNSW, 1983. cat. no. XXXVI
Where the work was made
Referenced in 2 publications