Historical interior view of a section of the conservation department for oil paintings at the Art Gallery of New South Wales
22 Apr 1911 - 27 Jul 1992
This photograph was probably commissioned for the article by William Boustead ‘The Conservation Department of the New South Wales Art Gallery, Australia’ for ‘Studies in Conservation’, volume 5, number 4, November 1960. However, it was not eventually used in the article. The paintings that are being conserved are ‘Desert landscape’ 1952 by Russell Drysdale, ‘Peasants’ house, Eragny’ by Camille Pissarro and ‘John Spottiswoode of Spottiswoode’ by Henry Raeburn.
gelatin silver photograph
22.0 x 29.0 cm image/sheet
Signature & date
Not signed. Not dated.
National Art Archive. Art Gallery of New South Wales Institutional archive
Not on display
© Estate of Max Dupain. Licensed by Copyright Agency