Installation view of the exhibition 'The field', 1968, Art Gallery of New South Wales
New South Wales Government Printing Office
1840 - 25 Jul 1989
'The field' was the inaugural exhibition for the opening of the National Gallery of Victoria in its new home on St Kilda Road, Melbourne, in 1968. It featured a selection of 74 works by artists working in Australia. After being shown at the National Gallery of Victoria, it was exhibited at the Art Gallery of New South Wales from 30 October to 24 November 1968.
This photograph shows from left: Michael Johnson 'Frontal 2' 1966 and 'Chomp' 1966. 'Fontal 2' 1966 is now held in the collection of the Art Gallery of New South Wales.
gelatin silver photograph
19.5 x 24.0 cm
Signature & date
Not signed. Not dated.
National Art Archive. Art Gallery of New South Wales Institutional Archive
Not on display
© AGNSW © the artists