Historical interior night view into the Art Gallery of New South Wales from the northern sculpture court
22 Apr 1911 - 27 Jul 1992
The Art Gallery of New South Wales reopened on 2 May 1972. This photograph is part of a series taken by Max Dupain in November 1972 documenting the new Captain Cook wing, as well as the ways the permanent collection was displayed in the Gallery's old courts at the time of the reopening. This photograph shows the 'Power Survey of Contemporary Art' being exhibited in the lower gallery.
gelatin silver photograph
19.8 x 25.2 cm
Signature & date
Not signed. Not dated.
National Art Archive. Art Gallery of New South Wales Institutional archive
Not on display
© Estate of Max Dupain. Licensed by Copyright Agency