Historical exterior view of the northern sculpture court of the Art Gallery of New South Wales
22 Apr 1911 - 27 Jul 1992
The Art Gallery of New South Wales reopened on 2 May 1972. This photograph is part of a series taken by Max Dupain in November 1972 documenting the new Captain Cook wing, as well as the ways the permanent collection was displayed in the Gallery's old courts at the time of the reopening.
gelatin silver photograph
19.0 x 24.8 cm image; 20.2 x 25.8 cm sheet
Signature & date
Not signed. Not dated.
National Art Archive. Art Gallery of New South Wales Institutional archive
Not on display
© Estate of Max Dupain. Licensed by Copyright Agency