This work was a finalist in the 1930 Archibald Prize and was acquired by the Gallery in 1930.
oil on canvas
68.5 x 58.2 cm stretcher; 90.7 x 80.2 x 6.5 cm frame
Signature & date
Signed l.l. corner, brown oil "A.E. NEWBURY". Not dated.
Gift of the artist at the request of the Trustees 1930
Not on display
Referenced in 1 publication
150 years of Australian art, Sydney, 1938. cat.no. 261 [Gallery No. 3]