Place where the work was made
27.8 x 37.5 cm sheet
Signature & date
Signed l.r., pencil "Jean Bellette". Not dated.
Not on display
© Bathurst Regional Council
Where the work was made
Shown in 4 exhibitions
The portrait and the nude: Australian drawings from the collection, Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, 18 Aug 1990–28 Oct 1990
Australian drawings from the Gallery's collection, Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, 13 Dec 1997–15 Mar 1998
Bodyline, Hazelhurst Regional Gallery and Arts Centre, 03 Feb 2001–08 Apr 2001
Jean Bellette retrospective (2004-2005):
- Bathurst Regional Art Gallery, Bathurst 10 Dec 2004–16 Jan 2005
- S.H. Ervin Gallery, The Rocks 12 Mar 2005–15 Apr 2005
- University of Queensland Art Museum, Brisbane 06 May 2005–12 Jun 2005
- Mornington Peninsula Regional Gallery, Mornington 12 Jul 2005–28 Aug 2005
- Drill Hall Gallery, Australian National University, Canberra 10 Nov 2005–18 Dec 2005
Referenced in 7 publications
Sydney Ure Smith (Editor) and Gwen Morton Spencer (Assistant Editor), Australia: National Journal, 'Jean Bellette's drawings', Sydney, Jan 1947, 44 (illus.). Following her exhibition at Macquarie Galleries, Sydney.
Bodyline: 100 years of Australian drawing - Education kit, Gymea, 2001, (illus.). not paginated
Australian drawings from the Gallery's collection, Sydney, 1997, 82 (illus.). cat.no. 74
Jean Bellette retrospective, Sydney, 2004, 71.
The portrait and the nude: Australian drawings from the collection, Sydney, 1990, illus.. cat.no. 4
Editor Unknown (Editor), Daily telegraph and daily news, 'Journey into Classicism', Sydney, 14 Nov 1946, unknown. Review of exhibition held at Macquarie Galleries, Sydney.