- Media category
- Materials used
- oil on canvas (on paperboard?)
- 37.0 x 45.0 cm board; 43.3 x 51.5 x 2.9 cm frame
- Signature & date
Signed l.l. corner, brown oil "WILL ASHTON". Not dated.
- Bequest of Mr H. Tighe 1946
- Not on display
- Accession number
- © Estate of Will Ashton
- Artist information
Works in the collection
Shown in 2 exhibitions
Australian arcady: landscape paintings from the collection of the the Art Galery of New South Wales:
- Bathurst Regional Art Gallery, Bathurst 21 Apr 1983–22 May 1983
- Penrith Regional Gallery & The Lewers Bequest, Emu Plains 27 May 1983–19 Jun 1983
- Wagga Wagga Art Gallery, Australia 25 Jun 1983–22 Jul 1983
- Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney 26 Aug 1983–30 Sep 1983
The artist in a director: the art of directors of the Art Gallery of New South Wales, Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, 13 Feb 2008–07 Mar 2008
Referenced in 2 publications
Paula Dredge, Margaret Sawicki, Steven Miller and Lindsay Parker, S.A. Parker Framing Works, 'Works in the collection with known Parker frames', pg. 27-68, Sydney, 2004, 49 (illus.).
Ursula Prunster, Australian arcady: Landscape paintings from the Art Gallery of New South Wales collection, Sydney, 1983. cat.no. 25 Note no pagination, text reference only.
Other works by Will Ashton
See more works