- Media category
- Materials used
- pen, ink, gouache, watercolour
- 42.0 x 62.0 cm sheet
- Signature & date
Signed and dated l.l., ink "Donald '44.".
- Purchased 1984
- Not on display
- Accession number
- © Reproduced with permission of the Estate of Donald Friend. Licensed by Copyright Agency
- Artist information
Works in the collection
Shown in 4 exhibitions
Russell Drysdale and Donald Friend: Drawings, Garry Anderson Gallery, Darlinghurst, 06 Dec 1983–24 Dec 1983
Donald Friend Retrospective 1915-1989:
- Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney 09 Feb 1990–25 Mar 1990
- National Gallery of Victoria [St Kilda Road], Melbourne 14 Apr 1990–06 Jun 1990
- Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery, Hobart 26 Jun 1990–19 Aug 1990
Parallel Visions: Twenty-two artists from the Australian collection, Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, 22 Feb 2002–May 2003
Donald Friend: A charmed life, National Library of Australia, Canberra, 09 Nov 2006–04 Feb 2007
Referenced in 5 publications
Christine France, Parallel visions: works from the Australian collection, 'Donald Friend / Margaret Olley', pg. 128-139, Sydney, 2002, 128 (colour illus.), 143, 147.
Bruce James, Art Gallery of New South Wales handbook, 'Australian Collection: Works on Paper', pg. 182-197, Sydney, 1999, 195 (colour illus.).
Lou Klepac, Donald Friend: a charmed life, Canberra, 2006. Checklist of works.
Lou Klepac, Russell Drysdale: the drawings, 'Drysdale drawings: Donald Friend and Albury', pg. 13-19, Sydney, 2012, 18.
Barry Pearce, Donald Friend Retrospective 1915-1989, Sydney, 1990, 48 (illus. colour). cat.no 23
Other works by Donald Friend
See more works