- Other Titles
- Miss Beauclerk
Madame Le Clerc
- Media category
- Materials used
- oil on canvas
- 75.2 x 58.6 cm sight; 94.5 x 78.4 cm frame
- Signature & date
Signed and dated l.l., black oil "G.W. LAMBERT./ 1914.".
- Purchased 1921
- Not on display
- Accession number
- Artist information
Works in the collection
Shown in 4 exhibitions
George Washington Lambert (1968), Art Gallery of South Australia, Adelaide, 1968 -
Australian icons: twenty artists from the collection, Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, 04 Aug 2000–03 Dec 2000
People and destiny: George Lambert and Federation:
- Dubbo Regional Art Gallery, Dubbo 05 May 2001–12 Aug 2001
- New England Regional Art Museum, Armidale 14 Sep 2001–28 Oct 2001
- Albury Regional Gallery, Albury 04 Jan 2002–27 Jan 2002
- Bendigo Art Gallery, Victoria 09 Feb 2002–24 Mar 2002
- Hazelhurst Regional Gallery and Arts Centre 06 Apr 2002–02 Jun 2002
- Bathurst Regional Art Gallery, Bathurst 05 Jul 2002–18 Aug 2002
George Lambert retrospective: heroes & icons, National Gallery of Australia, Canberra, 29 Jun 2007–16 Sep 2007
Referenced in 5 publications
John Baily', Fifth Adelaide Festival of Arts 1968: Special exhibitions at the Art Gallery of South Australia, 'George Washington Lambert', pg. 27-28, Adelaide, 1968, 29. cat.no. 14; titled 'Miss Beauclerk'
Anne Gray, Art on view, 'George W Lambert retrospective: heroes & icons', pg. 6-15, Canberra, Winter 2007, 10, 13 (colour illus.).
Anne Gray (Editor), Art and Artifice: George Lambert (1873-1930), 1996.
Alexandra Joel, Parade: The story of fashion in Australia, 'Those Fabulous Flappers', pg. 77-97, Pymble, 1998, 70 (colour illus.), 71.
Anne McLaughlin, People and destiny: George Lambert and Federation, 'People and destiny: George Lambert and Federation', pg. 10-33, Dubbo, 2001, 24, 26 (colour illus.), 28, 38.
Other works by George Lambert
See more works